Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Insert 'difference' columns for multiple fields

james204
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

Is there a quick and easy way to add multiple columns that all follow the same logic, to calculate the difference between two sets of data? See the example below:Capture.PNG

We have current and previous data for three different fields, A B & C, and I want to calculate the difference between them. In Excel this is straightforward with cell I5 containing the formula =C5-F5 and so on. If my Alteryx data already contains the Current and Previous data, how can I add fields for Difference data? 

I have tried using the multi-field formula tool but that doesn't quite seem right. Obviously I could insert them using the formula tool but if I have 50 fields instead of just the 3 in the above example then that would be rather tedious!

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I would transpose your data, then you can do the analysis with just a single calculation then cross-tab your data back intro the structure you have identified.

Example workflow attached.

Ben

james204
8 - Asteroid

Thanks - that works well!

Labels