Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Inputting CSV files with wrapped text

nikhilnijhar
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone,

I am unsure on how to input CSV files that contain wrapped text into Alteryx. 

The attached file showcases how my input looks like in the 1st sheet. When i input this into Alteryx, my data seems to take the blank spaces caused by the wrapped text as rows in Alteryx and is giving me more rows than the input file.

My desired output is shown in the 2nd sheet of the sample file attached and I would like to replicate it in Alteryx. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Manoj_k
9 - Comet

Hi @nikhilnijhar  for me there is no change in the input data and the output data in alteryx.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 143205.png

nikhilnijhar
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for letting me know @Manoj_k . It seems that the issue only occurs when important a .csv file and not with an .xlsx file. 

I have uploaded a new input file.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@nikhilnijhar I dont see any issue with the csv file

image.png

nikhilnijhar
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs How strange, I get this error. My input data configuration is identical to yours as well.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@nikhilnijhar try the attached workflow, and also try to run the workflow by turn off the AMP engine

image.png

nikhilnijhar
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs The issue was indeed caused by the AMP engine being turned on. Thank you!

Any idea why having the AMP engine turned on caused this? I have also noticed issues with running downloaded external macros as well and it having errors with the function being on.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@nikhilnijhar I am not sure why the AMP engine causing the errors, @danilang do you have any insight on the AMP issue mentioned above?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @binuacs 

While I'm not privy to all the details of the new AMP engine, I do know that all lot of the functionality had to be rewritten to allow multithreading.  It looks like the Input Data tool is one those.  It does look like Alteryx did a fair amount of testing around inputs and found this issue.  There are two new AMP specific options

AMP Options.png

The first one deals with your issue, @nikhilnijhar.  Check it and the file will be read correctly.

For the macro issues, they may be addressed Alteryx Engine and AMP - Main differences  or possibly here Tool use with AMP

Dan  

Labels