Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input values from sheet to another sheet

Jenina
8 - Asteroid

Hi all - I know we can use cross tab to input values to another sheet. I just need to know how to put those values in specific cell/column/row.

I've attached my example file. Values from sheet 1 to be pasted to sheet 2 row 8.

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Jenina One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1681505999991.png

Jenina
8 - Asteroid

Looks it will work! Thanks!

Jenina
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs  Hello again, what if there are multiple columns to select and will input into consecutive rows (I8:J8, I9:J9, I10:J10 for example)?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Jenina you could try with I8:J10, it is very similar to the Excel range function

Jenina
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs     I'm having this error 

Jenina_0-1681738014869.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Jenina This would happen if you are trying to write more columns that are not fitting the given range, to resolve the issue you check your output fields and make sure that is fitting in your range, also make sure your output tool is configured like below

binuacs_0-1681739027790.png

Jenina
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Thanks! Another question for this, what if we want to source the value from a not specific row, but from a specific section instead (like an ifvlookup/index match function in excel). 

Sample below. Instead of using last row, we want to get the fees from the "100 Variance" section as the last row will not accurately reflect what we need. Thanks!

Jenina_1-1681935255308.png

Labels