Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Incrementing Rows by 1 and Generating the Rows

whitkrieng
8 - Asteroid

I have a dataset that looks like this:  

wkrieng1_3-1611919001259.png

Need help on something that I thought would be straightforward with generating rows.  I just need to create additional rows incrementing +1 from the column "DateGroup". So basically, I would get additional rows of 0, 1, 2, down to the line while retaining the "Consumer_30Day_ID".  So as I increment 0,1,2 down to 31, those would rows would still have "Consumer_30DayID" as 1 as shown then next set increments from 31 and so on: 

wkrieng1_2-1611918984381.png

Thanks for your help.  

3 REPLIES 3
purnimat
7 - Meteor

Hi @whitkrieng ,

I have added a solution based on my understanding. If this is not what you were looking for, please let me know.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @whitkrieng ,

A slightly different take than @purnimat  one, I used a multi-row formula tool to find at which date group you should stop generating rows for each consumer-30Day_ID. Then I used the generate rows tool, to create those extra rows.

AngelosPachis_0-1611920026217.png

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Angelos

whitkrieng
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both for your help.  Thank you Angelos this is what I was looking for, sorry if I didn't communicate the requirements fully.  Yes, I wanted it to keep a running count down with a group by the ID.  Thank you again!! 

Labels