Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

In Database Tool error

cowannbell
9 - Comet

I am using the connect in database tool and then either a browse in database or filter in database field and I keep getting an erro.

Error: Browse In-DB (12): Error opening "WITH "Tool13_145a" AS (Rest of Select Statement),
 FROM "Tool13_145a" LIMIT 100": No Columns Returned.

When I test the query in the query designer tool it comes back with no errors.

Any clue what could be causing this?

The Tool 13 is the browse tool.

9 REPLIES 9
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@cowannbell can you do a simple test. Try selecting from a table only and see if you get the same error?

cowannbell
9 - Comet

What exactly do you mean by a table only?

cowannbell
9 - Comet

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but I pulled in just one table from the database and did not filter anything and I received the same error.

cowannbell
9 - Comet

I connected to another database and it worked.  There must be something going on with this database.  

Thanks,

cowannbell
9 - Comet

Okay, I have ran the exact same query using in database and input data tool.  The input data tool works fine but any in database tools I connect to the connect in database tool all error with the same error.

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@cowannbell it might be down to permissions on that specific database if it works with others. Can you see if you can create any object on the specific database? You might need to check with the team that grants permissions on it.

cowannbell
9 - Comet

I've been able to use in database connections before on this database.. Why would I be able to use regular connection tools and just not in database connections?  We can not write in the database but we can read the data.

cowannbell
9 - Comet

I just had to query for as much as I could using the in database connection tool and then I did the data stream out.  Not sure what is causing this issue but I can work with this for now.

Zhenie
5 - Atom

I just had the exact same error.. it throws an error when using database stream out tool, but works fine for input data tool.. 

Labels