Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Importing a folder with all the files in Alteryx

Singh171062
5 - Atom

Hello, 

Could somebody please guide as to how can i import all the files from a folder into a workflow. 

This is possible when i have a zipped folder sicne Alteryx asks me the files to be imported. 

Example / Suppose i have 5 files A,B, C, D, E in a folder named Invoice. How can i import all of them automatically into Alteryx just by mentioning the address of the folder Invoice

I have already tried a solution where its possible using Dynamic rename but this is for the case when all the files are identical in the Input folder. But in my case,the files to be imported from the folder are not the same. The files have multiple tabs and different number of columns in each tab. And all the files are different from each other. 

A solution with simple Macro is also welcome but it would be great if there is a solution without a Macro. 

Thanks a lot in advance for your help 

Regards, 

1 REPLY 1
jbravman_
8 - Asteroid

if they're excel based or similar you can try this method. However the concept as a whole can be expanded to nearly any file. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t... 

Labels