Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

If condition not matched, select all data

lzhang775
7 - Meteor

Hi experts,

I am in a situation, source data with Company 1 and Company 2. I need to create 3 output tables, one is for company 1, one is for company 2 and one is for both 1 and 2. Is there a way I can get 3 tables at the same time without manually change filter?

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@lzhang775 use a union tool and combine the true and false anchor of the filter tool for your third requirement

binuacs_0-1679328628779.png

lzhang775
7 - Meteor

thank you, Binuacs, this is definitely a good solution. if not other choice, i will use this one for sure. please allow me give my true situation. I have multiple input files, and analysis behind each input. Any idea to filter them all at once? 

lzhang775_0-1679329990679.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@lzhang775  seeing the workflow it would be very difficult to say anything, Can you provide some input files and the expected output results?

lzhang775
7 - Meteor

Hi Binuacs, thank you for replying this post. please find my simplified sample. The summary tools in container are all the same, in my real case, this step is very complicated, so we cannot change summary calculation in container. I'm looking for another way, by macro or filter after Data combination join tool, can automatically calculate by each company and then if not filter condition matched, calculate all data as one. Thinking about that I may have hundreds of companies...

lzhang775_0-1679408909245.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@lzhang775 why don't you try like the below to take the total of each company id

binuacs_0-1679409293619.png

lzhang775
7 - Meteor

Thank you, i will use this way.:)

Labels