Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identifying Single Rows in Grouping

greenman73
7 - Meteor

I am trying to identify a single row in a grouping.  So in the grouping the first group has 4 unique rows, second group has 3 unique rows but then the third only has one unique row.  I need my output to show me all of the rows in the grouping that are a single unique row.  I cannot figure this out or find any solution in the forum.

Here is my current Workflow

greenman73_0-1643736947256.png

The output puts the numbers for grouping

greenman73_1-1643737008318.png

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @greenman73 

Can you provide some sample input and expected output It will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

We will be happy to help : )

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hey @greenman73, sample data and desired output would be nice. I believe what you need is the Unique tool, and then check all fields that each record needs to have unique values. 

greenman73
7 - Meteor

Hello - thank you for the assistance.

So this is what i am tasked with.  I have customers with different levels of access.  But in some cases there is only one row of access showing.  I want to identify those single rows.  There are over 20k rows in my sheet.  I already have rules set to identify certain combinations which are considered violations but i cannot figure out how to identify rows with just one access showing.

Each person has a unique ID but the access level can be one of 60+ different levels.

Input would be something like this:

greenman73_0-1643982355360.png

Output goal would be to show the one row with the one access level showing regardless of the level of access.

greenman73_1-1643982420642.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @greenman73 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1643982990389.png

Hope this helps : )

greenman73
7 - Meteor

Perfect!  Output is showing exactly what i need!  Thank you for the assistance!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @greenman73 

If my response helps please don't forget to mark it as solution.

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels