Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Identify the weeks which shares days between two month

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I need to identify the week which shares days between the month and also calculate the no. of. days accounted for each month

EG: 2023-01-30 Week (Monday is the week start)

dates.png

from the above example I need to identify the week which shares days between the two months and calculate days accounted for each month.

here : January has 2 days and February has 5 days.

1 REPLY 1
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

The first thing I did was use the Formula tool to determine the week number and month number for each date. I then used a Summarize tool configured to Group by week number and month number to remove duplicates. Then I used another Summarize tool to concatenate the month number for each week number then filtered out only the records where the Concat_MonthNum contains a comma. Finally, I joined this back to the original data on the week number. The output identifies the dates where the week overlaps from month to month.

Identifying Shared Weeks.PNG

Weeks and Months Num.PNG

ID Shared Weeks Output.PNG

Labels