Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identify and label string occurrences in data

jmarcuzb
7 - Meteor

Hello all. I am a long time reader and first time poster. I have a peculiar problem that I need help with.

I have a set of data containing 3 columns (dummy data here). The issue is that this data looks like duplicates 

so I need a way to identify and incrementally label each occurrence of this data. This is important further in the process.

Columns A, B and C are what I have. Column D is what I want to add to this data. I have attached this dummy data.

Thanks

Jon

jmarcuzb_0-1657641504610.png

10 REPLIES 10
jmarcuzb
7 - Meteor

I don't see  away to edit my post but please disregard the last row.  It was a typo. That occurrence id is supposed to be 2.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Hey @jmarcuzb ,

I built a CReW macro for that purpose:  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Grouped-Record-ID/ta-p/903356 

It is a Grouped RecordID.  Please try it out.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
DataNath
17 - Castor

How does this look @jmarcuzb? The select/data cleanse tools are just to tidy up the sample provided - Multi-Row is the real focus here.

DataNath_0-1657641559520.png

jmarcuzb
7 - Meteor

Thanks. I am looking at it now. I will let you know.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@jmarcuzb you can also use the Tile tool 

binuacs_0-1657644989321.png

jmarcuzb
7 - Meteor

@MarqueeCrew Thank you kind sir! This works perfectly!

jmarcuzb
7 - Meteor

@DataNath The Grouped RecordID solution proposed above worked perfectly for my situation. I will also check out your solution for future options. I do this everyday so I'm sure I will run across a slightly different situation where I can leverage this.

jmarcuzb
7 - Meteor

@binuacs Wow, this is simple and also works!

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jmarcuzb ,

I think that you wanted to mark both my post and @binuacs as SOLUTIONS.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels