Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

IF statement with >= using percentage

dattina2287
8 - Asteroid

hi,

i am new to Alteryx and trying to build a workflow that would identify a match if Column One is less than or equal to Column Two + 10%. Column 1 is amount of money a gift cost without tax/shipping and Column 2 is the amount including tax and shipping. I need to see if the two values are similar enough for me to consider them a match. 

i know this is wrong but i don't know how to fix it

if [Column 1]<=[Column 2]+10% THEN "Match" ELSE "Mismatch" ENDIF

I know the Fuzzy Match Tool exists but i haven't used it yet so i wasn't sure if this could be done given that the comparison is between numbers. 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @dattina2287, Alteryx doesn't recognise percentages like that so you just have to add [Column 2]*0.1 to the comparison, like so:

if [Column 1]<=([Column 2]+([Column 2]*0.1)) THEN "Match" ELSE "Mismatch" ENDIF

DataNath_0-1655848026025.png

dattina2287
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @DataNath ! i am almost there but am getting this error below. It seems to be working until i type in "Mismatch" and then formula colors turn black. 

dattina2287_0-1655914867808.png

dattina2287_1-1655914890963.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @dattina2287, check the data type of your [Reimbursed Amt.] field and make sure it's numeric. The invalid type in operator message is usually when you're trying to apply mathematical operators to data types that aren't numeric i.e. strings.

dattina2287
8 - Asteroid

oh i should have caught that one!....it worked thanks so much @DataNath !

Labels