Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Hyper file size

SouravKayal
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have a workflow making an output yxdb around 15 m rows. 

Then I am multiplying the data by adding a column and replicating it 7 times with a union..and final output to a hyper file format. This was about 1gb till 2 days back. The data had around 300 columns. I reduced around 50. Sudden the hyper file has increased by 5 times. The yxdb is still around the same size. 

I had this problem once when I was using amp. But I got back to size after switching amp off. But over the last two days I've tried multiple times with different ways. Like autofield and data type adjustment but to no result.

When I used data cleansing and make the multiplier hyper in the same main workflow the hyper file is around 1.3gb. but when I use a different workflow it does not work.

Any help will be appreciated. I am stuck at this for a week now.

1 REPLY 1
john_watkins
11 - Bolide

When you haven't installed anything new, changed code, and have record size swings, my first hunch is that something that is in the dataset came in duplicated and is blowing up your recordset.   If it ran, it still should.   Check a few areas after joins and see if your incoming count is less than the outbound or just slam a de-dupping tool at the end and see if there are any duplicates found on your primary key.   I've never hit a top limit on the .hyper files.  Also, have you tried the old Tableau format as well just to see if it will build?

Labels