Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Hyper file size

SouravKayal
8 - Asteroid

Hey,

I have a wierd problem. I am using an output to a hyper file format. The file size is always a suprise. My workflow uses alteryx database an inputs and I am doing about three joins and removing blanks and null rows . The output is around 20 m rows and the file size is 1.3 gb. A day back with th same rows I had 3 more columns and the file size was 1.1 gb. I had a similar file size for a data with 145 m records and now at less than 20 percent of the data i still have a higher file size. 

Can someone help me to help optimize the hyper fle size. Or an other suggestions.  The output goes to feed a tableau data source.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SouravKayal - Here is what Tableau says: https://help.tableau.com/current/api/hyper_api/en-us/docs/hyper_api_defrag.html 

You may use Alteryx instead of Python to rewrite the file though... 🙂 

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@SouravKayal,

My recommendation is to reduce the number of column (keep only the ones you need for visualization).

try to use the auto field in order to optimize the column size.

messi007_0-1629183951244.png

Hope this helps!

Regards

SouravKayal
8 - Asteroid

can you share some more information onthisplease

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels