Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to select multiple tools with a mac keyboard?

TraceyD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I run Designer in VMWare on a macbook pro.  I can drag to select multiple tools, but I don't know how to:

a) add another tool to my group, or

b) deselect a tool from my group. 

For instance, I inherited a workflow that uses comment boxes to group tools, and sometimes I want to select a handful of tools inside the comment box and move them over.  When I drag, I get the comment box in my selection, and I don't know how to deselect it (scenario b).  Since I can't deselect, I'd like to select the tools one at at time, adding the tools to a single selection so I can move them all at once, but I don't know how to add to the first selection (scenario a).  I've tried the usual combinations - ctrl-click, cmd-click, shift-click - to no avail.  Is there a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @TraceyD,

I've been wondering the same thing, so this was a great opportunity for me to finally experiment and find it. I also use VMWare on Mac and found that function-shift-control-click let me select and deselect tools from a highlighted group. Hope this works for you, too!

TraceyD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Wow, @clmc9601  - I don't know how you found that, but thank you!

Labels