Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to replace field values from a column with values from a different column

spro
5 - Atom

I’m very new to Alteryx so I hope this makes sense.

I use an Excel file as my Input Data for my workflow and I need to rename values in the [Account] column with values in a [Parent Account] column.

My workflow is good but I received a new requirement. I need to rollup Account data to it’s Parent Account but only for certain Account records.

Not every [Account] has a [Parent Account]. And, I only need about a dozen [Parent Account] names copied/replaced in the [Account] field.

Examples:

If [Parent Account] is  'Master Store3' THEN copy value that's in [Parent Account] to [Account].

If [Parent Account] is  'Master Corp 2' THEN copy value that's in [Parent Account] to [Account].

I attached an example of my excel file.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
DavidxL
9 - Comet

You can use the Formula tool to replace the contents of one column with those of another.

See the attached workflow for an example.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Welcome to the community @spro!

@DavidxL's solution looks good. 

Just thought I'd tag on that this article by @AndrewL that was helpful to me when I was getting started:

Join vs Union

spro
5 - Atom
Hi @davidxl, your solution is total awesomeness!!! I applied it to my workflow and now my report is complete! Thank you so much!!!!
Labels