Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to get it on one line

amandacastro
7 - Meteor

If I have the following:

Name    Value

1            Tom Heater's

1             7192 ABC Court, Denver, CO

1             424 Blemer St., Aurora, CO

1             04/12/2019

How can I bring them all in one line? They are currently all vertically as 4 entries, I want one entry (and one line)

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @amandacastro,

Is this what you are looking for?

grazitti_sapna_0-1607929372686.png

If you want to change the separator, you can do so by changing the highlighted portion shown in screenshot above.

I hope it helps!

Sapna Gupta
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @amandacastro ,

You should first create a field that will become your new column headers. I used a record ID for this example, but you can use whatever works for your instance.

Then you can convert to the correct structure by using a cross-tab tool.

AngelosPachis_1-1607929448802.png

That allows you to convert rows into columns.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @amandacastro ,

if I got you right, you want to transform the entries for name "1" to one single connected entry (one row, one column)?

You could use a Summarize tool (Group By Name, select "Concatenate" for the Value field) or a Cross-Tab tool (Group By Name, Column Headers => Name, Values => Value, Method = Concatenate). Both will return a field with concatenated values for the field "Value" by "Name".

Hope this is helpful.

Best,

Roland 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@amandacastro 
Summarize tool

1214-amandacastro.PNG

amandacastro
7 - Meteor

On the transpose, it seems to come off as some erratic output. Could you illustrate on what it would look like? Thanks

Labels