Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to fix Null on Account Number Column

mmh2023
6 - Meteoroid

I have combined two separate workflows using the union tool and when I look at the output from the union tool I my account numbers are not combining. Rather half way through I am getting null and them a column of my account numbers. I have attached my workflow if anyone can resolve this issue. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

@mmh2023 really subtle issue here but the fact that they wouldn't Union suggests the names are different, even if very slightly. When double checking, I noticed that when you renamed the field in this Select tool, you left a trailing space on [Account] to make it [Account ], hence why it won't Union to [Account]:

DataNath_0-1682287301032.png

I've just done another rename in the final Select before the Union to bring the 2 in line:

DataNath_1-1682287334165.png

And we get our expected result:

DataNath_2-1682287366558.png

Amended workflow attached.

mmh2023
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you!

Labels