Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to delete unnecessary line

Sakiko
7 - Meteor

Unnecessary line breaks are included in the first line of data of the output file.
It seems that line breaks will occur in the course of processing, but I do not know why.
It is hard to review the process, so I'm planning on deleting this unnecessary line break in postprocessing.
Please tell me which tools to use in the workflow.

4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

I wouldn't refer to this as a line break. A line break is when you hit 'shift+enter', I'd just refer to this as an empty row.

As I havn't seen your workflow it's hard to know why this may have been generated. But a simple solution would be to add a filter tool before the output which removes lines where the ID is null or empty.

This can be done with the following condition

!ISNULL([ID])

And then take the true stream and plug into your output data tool.

If this does not solve the issue we would need to see your workflow to help you debug.

Ben

LJoonas
7 - Meteor

You could use Sample-tool on the preparation section and on the sample condition pick 'Skip 1st N Records' and choose N as 1.

Other way could be to use filter tool and use a condition that filters every line that has only empty cells on the row.

Sakiko
7 - Meteor

I could solve it by your method. Thank you very much.

Sakiko
7 - Meteor

Hi Ben,

Thank you again for presenting the solution.
Since my example was wrong, in fact it was not null, I did not use the filter, but it was helpful for future analysis.

Labels