Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create dynamically columns side by side by particular IDs

ravi061
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I got urgent requirement to add "difference" columns dynamically for every IDs Columns, shown as below table, Calculation for the "Difference" column is  [ (P+N)-K ]

Below case is for few ID columns, but i have nearly 600 ID columns.

Temp123.PNGAttached Difference Calculation column is calculated by (P+N)-K for all IDs, How can we achieve this requirement, for some IDs K or P or N columns will be not available.

Thanks in advance for your help...

3 REPLIES 3
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm sorry but I don't think I quite understand your query. Are you trying to get the difference between Ks, Ps, and Ns?

Perhaps you can attach a sample dataset and some expected outputs to better guide us to guide you?

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
ravi061
8 - Asteroid

Sorry for that @caltang, I mean for every similar ID strings need to create a calculation column(Difference) as shown on the attached screenshot.

Example: For 52515, there are three columns,

52515-K

52515-P

52515-N

Need to create formula column dynamically(Difference), Formula here is  (52515-P+52515-N)-52515-K,

For some ID String columns, there will be no Ps or Ns or Ks, then we need to keep it as zero for those columns in the formula or calculation columns...

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ravi061 

Is this what you are looking for?

caltang_0-1686148028206.png

You will still need to sort at the end using Select Tool to get what you want. But I hope this gives you some ideas.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels