Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create a field with simple math?

mlozovskaya
8 - Asteroid

I have 2 rows of data and I am trying to calculate the percentage by simply divide one to another and have a presentation showing as this input and output? Any suggestions?

Input

mlozovskaya_0-1640199824742.png

Desired Output

mlozovskaya_1-1640199855536.png

5 REPLIES 5
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @mlozovskaya 

Attached is a workflow that includes two different possible ways to accomplish this. Either one could be modified to fit other scenarios you may have in your data. The first method uses a combination of the Cross Tab & Transpose tools while the other method utilizes a Filter + Append Records tool. 

Try these out and let me know if you have questions or still need assistance. 

mlozovskaya
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for sharing workflow, I was wondering if there is a shorter way to do it using multi-formula tool

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@mlozovskaya 

I had an idea! At first I didn't go that route because I was thinking you'd have to do some more manipulation to get the percent on the correct row, but I thought of a faster way to do it with a macro created by @patrick_digan 

First, create a blank row under your current data then use the multi-row formula row tool with this expression: 

iif(isempty([Column 1]), tostring(tonumber([Row-2:Column 2])/tonumber([Row-1:Column 2])*100) + "%", [Column 2])

mlozovskaya
8 - Asteroid

@Kenda  This is more simple solution, do you know how to add a row label for the new calculated value?

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@mlozovskaya 

You could add a formula tool to update Column 1 that says 

iif(IsEmpty([Column 1]), "Birch Tree %", [Column 1])

Labels