Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to compare the data from ORACLE DB tables and CSV file

Rohan2020
7 - Meteor

I need to design a workflow in which I need to compare the input from 2 sources. First source is from  ORACLE DB query which is selecting data from multiple tables with csv file available in shared location.

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you just looking to see if the table and CSV have the same values? What types of comparisons do you need to run? Some individuals have built macros like the Crew "Expect Equal" (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Crew-Macro-Pack-2016-Q2-Release/ba-p/26482#:~:text=Exp....) 

You can always use a join tool with the option selected to Join by record position if you are looking to evaluate row by row differences in the data. It will ultimately depend on what your objectives are. 

Rohan2020
7 - Meteor

I am looking for comparing the data retrieved from DB tables with the CSV file data. This is column wise comparision. 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

It is normally easiest to transpose the columns and use a formula tool to evaluate whether or not they are equal

Labels