Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to combine duplicated rows by conditions?

LeiCheng
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I am meeting such a problem that how to combine the duplicated rows with condition. When meeting some cells are duplicated, the these rows will be changed into one row, and a cell will contain the all the difference in one.Can anybody have any idea? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @LeiCheng,

This is a perfect example of the summarise tool. You can group by Name, Born, Location (and Company, not sure whether you wanted to include that, but i have for now). Then concatenate on Position with a seperator of comma plus a space ", "

I've also renamed the column names from the default "group_by_fieldname" to the original field name in the summarise tool.

Input data:

image.png

Final output with summarise:

image.png 

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workbook for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

paulfound
11 - Bolide

Hi @LeiCheng 

If I understand correctly you have joined, some data sets, now you want the duplicate values to merge into one on a certain element and concatenate the different values.

PaulFound_0-1573119788408.png

Labels