Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add to a published on Server using Publish to Tableau Server

Lynnise
5 - Atom

I was so happy to use this tool to publish a huge data file on Tableau. The problem is that I need to add to the extract on the server monthly but the only options I see using the tool is to create a new source or override what is there.

Is ther any way to just add the new monthly data? I am desperate!

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Lynnise,

It depends on what version of Tableau you have. In v9.3, Tableau changed their API to allow this, however it has not been implemented into the Alteryx tool yet as of Sept '16. In the meantime, @danielbrun2 provides an edited version that does have this functionality in his Inviso Macro Pack.

Kane

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Kane,

Thanks for mentioning the Macro pack. Please let me know if you would like help on implementing it in the original one.

Best,

Daniel

Lynnise
5 - Atom

Hi Kane,

Thank you! I downlaoded the macro...will take me a while to figure out how to use it but it looks awesome.

Lynnise

Labels