Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to add cell padding in Vertical Layout Tool. Cell padding option is disabled for me.

Mohd-Siddiqui1
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I want to add cell padding in vertical Layout tool (Reporting Tool), but I am not able to edit cell padding as it is showing as disabled.

I have used Layout mode as "Each Individual Record" and Orientation as "Vertical Merge Contents to Line up Table Column".

I am also using 30 pixels as a separator between the records.

Could you please help me as how cell padding of 6 pixels can be applied.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
19 - Altair

that layout would reflect report elements - not cells in the table. Do you have multiple reporting objects?If you want to change the table cell padding - that's in the table tool.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

As @apathetichell mentioned, you can change the cell padding in the table tool:

gabrielvilella_0-1643035894069.png

Mohd-Siddiqui1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @gabrielvilella 

Thanks for your response.

I have two report elements and I am aligning them vertically by using Layout Tool (Vertical Layout). I want to add padding from corners of the pages (i.e. left,right,top) in both the reports elements.

How Can I achieve this? How padding can be applied using Layout Tool (Vertical Layout).

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Can't you use separator and border to control that?

Mohd-Siddiqui1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @apathetichell 

I am using separator. It is adding space between the two report elements which is fine, but I want that these reports elements should have some spacing from corner of the pages. That's why I have posted this question.

Sunal2810
6 - Meteoroid

How to add cell padding only in column headers and not the data?

Labels