Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Output multiple files on same Excel

daniele_zatti
7 - Meteor

Community - I'm trying to have multiple parallel processes output to the same excel file on different tabs. In order to let the cache flush each time it's written to, I put in a few "Block Until Done", but it's not working. Here is the flow. Any creative ideas other than setting up separate WFs and running one by one?

Thank you!
Daniele

4 REPLIES 4
ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

You could potentially use control containers if you are on a current enough version to sequence parts of the workflow so that writing to each sheet of the same excel file can be done

daniele_zatti
7 - Meteor

Thank you, yes, I have the latest version so I can use this feature. However not sure how I need to set up the containers to actually make it work. See below an example, I still get the error...

screen.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

@daniele_zatti try setting up the Control Containers so that only the outputs are in them and staggered, like so:

5.png

daniele_zatti
7 - Meteor

Thank you both!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels