Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How do I ctrl-z undo in Alteryx?

nyck3333
8 - Asteroid

Doing challenge 300 and just pressed down arrow in the join window and now left became right when it was supposed to be left and I want to change it back to left but don't know how.  Why can't I ctrl-z or just click the box and edit?

nyck3333_0-1686141165175.png

right is solution, left is mine

2 REPLIES 2
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@nyck3333 If you click off of the tool onto the canvas, then press Ctrl-Z, the tool will revert to its previous state. Otherwise, to re-order the fields in the join tool you can select the country name field (so it appears blue) and press the 'Up' arrow next to 'Options' until it is at the top. Hope this helps!

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @nyck3333,

You can use ctrl-z, but only for everything done in a tool at a time. Once you click out of the configuration window, the actual information of your config. is saved, this can be removed again with ctrl-z. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels