Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I make my duplicate values null?

KonaCantTalk
6 - Meteoroid

I was looking throughout the community thinking this was already asked, maybe it has been and I just couldnt find it, but I was curious to know if there was a way to make duplicate values show as null. 

For example, lets say I have customer ID numbers as follows: 

Customer ID #

I would like to have one of these customer ID numbers switched to null. Not the whole row of data just the one cell, or Customer ID #.

Thank you! 

12 REPLIES 12
KonaCantTalk
6 - Meteoroid

I will accept this as the solution since it works for the sample data set you provided. It didnt work for my data set though. I re-checked the steps and I mirrored what you did but it just changes my Customer ID column to 1, 2, 3, etc. to match. Not sure what I did wrong, I will try to look for other ways to do this.

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Happy to assist if you want to post a sample of your actual dataset. It's probably just pointing the duplicate and formula tools to the right field/s.

KonaCantTalk
6 - Meteoroid

I did look over your 2nd workflow from yesterday, thanks for commenting again. You rock @AndrewS! That worked perfectly! I now have my Customer ID column with only unique values and the duplicates are null! Exactly what I needed. Thanks again! 

Labels