Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How Do a search in a file trying to get multiples values from other file ?

KarenHM
7 - Meteor

Hi Team!

I need to get many results in one file from other file something like this :

file 1

order 123456

file 2

Order            invoice

123456          aaaa

bbbb

cccc

expected result

file 1

Order            invoice

123456          aaaa

bbbb

cccc

Many thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@KarenHM can you clarify what you need? The two items you posted in this thread are nearly identical. Are you needing to extract the invoices that match a specific order number, and then output those invoice numbers to the first file?

KarenHM
7 - Meteor

@rzdodson  HI, yes in one file (file 1) I have only the order number (123456) , in the (file 2) I have the same order number that I have in the file 1 (123456) and many invoices related (INV AAA, INV BBB, INV CCC), I want to get in the first file with the order number all the invoices related to this specific order number . 

Rags1982
10 - Fireball

Hi @KarenHM , if I've understood correctly, you just need to input both files, then use a join tool, joining on order number. 

You may need to provide more info though. 

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

Will second @Rags1982's suggestion here. If the invoice number is a known field in both files, you'll be able to join the two and produce the related invoices against that order number.

Depending on if you need this option configured via a user input (re: Drop-Down, List Box, or Text Box Interface tools), it'll require some minor reconfiguration to make it in to an analytic app, which I can talk you on how to build.

Labels