Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hiding Column Headers

Asimkz157
7 - Meteor

Hello all, fairly new to Alteryx here and still learning all the tools I have at my disposable. 

I have a requirement where I need to output a report without column headers.  In my report I have [Employee ID], [Employee Name] and different measures across different months.  The excel report should only contain the Employee ID and Name as the headers.  

So far I have tried using dynamic rename and selecting 'Take Field Names from First Row of Data' option in the rename mode but I'm getting a bunch of new column names.  The output is a basic table tool then render to send all the reports to a specific folder. 

What am I doing wrong in the dynamic rename?  I don't want the Field_25 etc. etc. including screenshot of my workflow .

Asimkz157_1-1629303214552.png

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Asimkz157 

Did you try turning off headers in table tool. Refer highlighted below.

atcodedog05_0-1629303799605.png

Hope this helps : )

Asimkz157
7 - Meteor

Yes, I tried that but the output will leave out the employee ID and name and I need to keep those for the report to make sense.  

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Asimkz157 

Can you provide sample data with column names and expected output. We can take a look into it.

Asimkz157
7 - Meteor

Attaching a sample workflow.  I included the desired output in a "text input" tool.  Thank you.  

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Asimkz157 

This what you can do.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1629306711281.png

Hope this helps : )

Asimkz157
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much.  That worked perfectly. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Asimkz157 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels