Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Hi everyone, Please help with the attached problem.

SP3000
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

Please help with the attached problem. I have made 2 sheets in the attached file, one for the input and second sheet is the desired output sheet. 

Thank you in advance!!

11 REPLIES 11
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SP3000 ,

This is a bit of regex to replace the carriage return and then splitting to rows on the Supplier ID:

mceleavey_0-1620380628319.png

Workflow attached.

M.

Bulien

SP3000
8 - Asteroid

Hi M,

Thanks a ton for the quick help. 

The supplier id is sorted but the amt is not showing as per the desired output, can you please help? Thank you so much again in advance!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@mceleaveymay have posted the wrong file - your solution also uses regex but tokenizes and splits to rows.

SP3000
8 - Asteroid

The amt column in still not showing as per the desired ouput. Can you please help?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @SP3000 
What is the math/logic behind the distribution of the amt split? In the dataset you have given it is not obvious why for instance the first row allocates 1000 to "123" and 500 to "789"

Input:

TheOC_0-1620489285300.png

Output:

TheOC_1-1620489294942.png

Without knowing this, its not really possible to create something that will split the data in the way you asked. The amt would have to be manually set at this stage.

If you're using another data source for this information, i would recommend bringing that into the workflow instead.

An example of how that data could be brought in, using a text input tool, has been attached, in the case that this data is just a short-hand version of the actual data you have.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
SP3000
8 - Asteroid

Hi OC,

Thank you so much for taking out your time to help.

The logics are:

1) if there are 2 supplier ids and 2 distribution in the amt field then the first supplier id will get the first amt distribution and likewise for the second supplier id. And same for 3 supplier ids and 3 amt distributions then it will be updated as per the amt distributions. 

For eg. Supplier ids      Input amt               Output amt

123                 =1000+500                 1000

456                                                     500

2) If there are 2 supplier ids but 3 amt distribution then 1st supplier id should be updated with the first amt distribution and for the 2nd supplier id the amt will be the addition of the 2nd and 3rd amt distribution.

For eg. Supplier ids      Input amt               Output amt

123                 =1000+500+200         1000

456                                                     700

2) If there are 3 supplier ids but 4 amt distribution then 1st supplier id should be updated with the first amt distribution and for the 2nd supplier id the amt will the 2nd amt distribution and the 3rd supplier will be the addition of the 3rd and 4th amt distribution.

For eg. Supplier ids      Input amt                              Output amt

123                 =1000+500+200+400             1000

456                                                                  500

890                                                                  600

Please find the attached updated query file.

Regards,

Sonam

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @SP3000 

I see the issue! When you bring an excel spreadsheet into Alteryx, it doesn't keep the formula that excel uses to populate that column:

TheOC_0-1620565250991.png

So within AMT, I'm hoping one of the other solution providers/experts knows how to bring that formula through too, and then it is more than possible!
If not, i would suggest editing your spreadsheet that you're bringing in, to present these values.

Hope this helps!
Owen

Bulien
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Yeah @TheOC is totally correct - I don't see how we can go from aggregated values in the third column to individual. If the numbers were there - you can use a tile strategy to get numbers of rows for each group and then a get word strategy where the final entry gets all of the remaining words but without that level of detail I don't really see a way.

SP3000
8 - Asteroid

Hi Owen,

Thank you so much for the clarification. Actually the file I receive is a heavy and manually updated so I am looking for a solution  to run my logics as shared. 

I'll keep digging more for the solution and in the meantime if you can tag any expert who might can solve it then it'd be great.

Thanks again so much,

Best,

Sonam P 

Labels