Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with a macro and/or API call

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Im looking to call a web API and get some information on certain codes - I want the legal name from the LEI (Legal Entity Identifier) code...  I can call the API and get back the results I want but if I post more than 15 LEI codes, it splits the results into more than one page.

So... I either somehow figure out how to get all the results pages and then use a macro to loop round then, or I send them up in batches of 15 at a time using a macro.  Either way I need to use a macro!  

Im thinking of the later option, split my list of LEI codes into batches of 15 at a time, call the API with those 15 then union all the results together at the end.

Ive never written a macro before - can anybody give me some pointers on this?  At this point I have 28 rows with 1 column, the LEI code, how do I create something that will take in 15 at a time (I can then concatenate the 15 into a comma separated list and append this t the API call URL)

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @craigja ,

you can use for that batch macros.

I have set up for you an example where each line fetches one result.

Regards

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Hi - I cant open it as we are still on 2020.2 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @craigja ,

Downgraded the version for you 🙂

Regards

craigja
8 - Asteroid