Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help Parsing Output from SharePoint List Input

mclane20
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a text field in SharePoint that I am trying to pull data from. The field not only includes the text but a bunch of other html tags and markup stuff. Is there any easy way to extract just the content from this field and ignore the noise. Below is a few examples and attached is a sample data set. 

Raw Input:

1. <div class="ExternalClass4B42A9A42C6147E282243445F9319F2F"><p>Added more exception hadling logic for unanamous votes<br></p></div>

2. <div class="ExternalClassB558E6964BAC4AC1A6A4A7B40B0C2DE1"><p></p><ul style="list-style-type&#58;disc;"><li>Fixed issue on multiple contacts for Trustees (greater than 2)</li><li>Added middle names for Plan Sponsor/Plan Admin</li><li>Added logic for using City and Branch ID to narrow down single result</li><li>Fixed an issue on plan effective date not within range (happened when plan effective date is next year and recordkeeping start date is on current year)<br></li></ul><p><br></p></div>

3. <div class="ExternalClass14CED75ED35F4E04BB911A9D639105D4"><p><span style="font-family&#58;arial, sans-serif;font-size&#58;10pt;">Added
Environment variable for processing time</span><br></p></div>

Desired Output:

1. Added more exception hadling logic for unanamous votes

2. Fixed issue on multiple contacts for Trustees (greater than 2), Added middle names for Plan Sponsor/Plan Admin, Added logic for using City and Branch ID to narrow down single result, Fixed an issue on plan effective date not within range (happened when plan effective date is next year and recordkeeping start date is on current year)

3. Added Environment variable for processing time

Thanks for your help. 

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mclane20 ,

this requires a bit of regex wizardry. 

Regex makes me happy.

I've attached the workflow, and you need to apply a bit of logic to clean up the reserved characters, but you're 90% of the way there.

Basically, you simply need to replace everything in between the XML open and close tags with nothing.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mclane20 ,

I've attached a further version which removes the &# instances as well.

With the remaining hidden characters, such as &amp etc., I would maintain them on a text input and couple that with the Find and Replace tool.

M.

Bulien

mclane20
6 - Meteoroid

This works perfect. Thanks so much for your help. Regex really is so powerful. 

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mclane20 ,

Glad I could help.

Regex is my friend.

M.

Bulien

Labels