Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Gray Macro icon with no output and no error message

anwerm2
Meteoro

Hi 

I have designed a batch macro and trying to insert in my workflow but am getting a strange icon sign with not output connector and no error message. 

I tried to insert other macro to test in this workflow and it is working fine with blue icon. Here is the screen shot

anwerm2_0-1602018590071.png

Please provide some help as I am not getting any error message. Thank you in advance.

Regards

Muhammad Anwer

8 RESPUESTAS 8
vstefano
Meteoro

Can you please enter into the macro and share the workflow to create it?

anwerm2
Meteoro

Sorry Vstefano -  I did not get your ask? Can you explain please.

My macro workflow file is very big.

As far as macro workflow is concerned it is working fine. If I run the macro workflow I can see the desired result in browse window. I am having a problem when I am trying to insert that macro.

Let me know what do you want from me. Thanks

Muhammad Anwer

vstefano
Meteoro

Hi Muhammad,

I think your problem is in the output anchor of the macro that maybe is missing.

Stefano

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @anwerm2 

As i can see your macro is batch macro.

The issue is there is no connection in macro converted to output. Change browse to macro output.

And select tool needs a input connection.

Your macro should be something like this

atcodedog05_0-1602052839559.png

Main workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1602052857022.png

Resources for macros:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Macro/td-p/51352

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Batch-Macro/td-p/52900

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Iterative-Macro/td-p/55565

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Feel free to ask more question

anwerm2
Meteoro

Hi - I am still struggling to fix the problem. 

I think I should upload all files (Macro Workflow, Main Workflow and Excel source file) with full explanation of problems  so that you guys can see it. Thanks

I just need few hours.

Hope I will get help

Thanks

Muhammad Anwer

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@anwerm2 

No worries definitely looking forward to help you out 🙂

anwerm2
Meteoro

Hi - I was able to resolve the batch macro gray color issue. 

Now I have problem in import & union multiple excel files  with multiple sheets with different schema. I want to design this workflow and post in the Gallery for different users. The users will save all these files in one folder.  My Excel file has several sheets but I want to import the following sheets only (in other words I do not want to give any option to user to select any of sheets).

4.2 Clarity upload data

4.4 Contingency & tolerance Summary

4.3.3 Exc Summary

I want to import all these sheets in Macro Workflow at the same time for union after that I do a lot of cleaning (I removed those tools from the attached macro). The problem I am having its only import the 4.2 Clarity upload data tab. Also I am not sure what formula should I put after directory tool. So I need help in fixing the importing of all three files at the same time in Macro Workflow and some formula, if any, after the directory tools. I must mention that I am using the Alteryx version 2018.4. Is there any issue with version? I would appreciate if some one help me in importing and union all the excel files. Than you in advance.

Regards

Muhammad Anwer

Note: All my source Excel files are .xlsm. Since I can't upload in the community .xlsm I saved as .xlsx and attached.

ikeoneh
Meteoroide

Hello, how were you able to resolve the grey color macro issue. I am having the challenge

Etiquetas