Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Grab files depending on the day

jillv
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Hoping someone could help solve this.

I have different files received on a daily basis:

weekly file received on Saturday

delta files received on Monday to Thursday

Saturday Weekly full   Delta - Monday file   Delta - Tues file   Delta - Wed file   Delta - Thurs file  

RecordTypeRate RecordTypeRate RecordTypeRate RecordTypeRate RecordTypeRate
1EQ1.3 7MF9 9EQ1.1 1EQ1.3 6EQ4.5
2EQ2.4 8EQ3.1 10FT1.5 2EQ2.4 7MF9.1
3EQ4 1EQ1.5 7MF9.2 11FT2.1 12EQ2.1
4FI5         9EQ1.2 13FT1
5FI4.3         10EQ1.5    
6EQ4.2                
7MF9                

-- Depending on the day I run the workflow, it will pull the weekly file OR weekly file + the delta files of the prior days

e.g

if I run on Saturday, Sunday or Monday - it will pull the just the Sat weekly file

if I run on Tuesday - it will pull the weekly file + delta Mon file

if I run on Wednesday - it will pull the weekly file + delta Mon file + delta Tues file

if I run on Thursday - it will pull the weekly file + delta Mon file + delta Tues file + delta Wed file

if I run on Friday - it will pull the weekly file + delta Mon file + delta Tues file + delta Wed file + Thurs file

then if the same record id appeared in the delta files, get the latest value from the latest delta file 

jillv_0-1676514508043.png

Thank you! Really appreciate any guidance on this scenario. :)

3 REPLIES 3
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Can we have some raw data please? Or does the data come in those tables affixed to an Excel sheet?

Regarding the selections depending on Day, I think it will be easier for us to create an interface for you to select the days you want on the days you open Alteryx rather than limiting it to certain days. 

If you must insist on having it for certain days, you can leverage the DateTimeToday(), and if it matches your date, filter on those dates that correspond to your conditions.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

By the way, just to confirm, are the table names fixed? 

Saturday Weekly full   Delta - Monday file   Delta - Tues file   Delta - Wed file   Delta - Thurs file  

RecordTypeRate RecordTypeRate RecordTypeRate RecordTypeRate RecordTypeRate
Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Raj
14 - Magnetar

Can you share the file names how it is created and what is the format so understanding that we can create logic.

you said you get files daily.right?

otherwise, it is difficult to understand the requirement.

Labels