Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Google Sheets Output Tool Keep deleting sheets

Pardeep
7 - Meteor

I am trying to build an Alteryx workflow that uploads information to a specific google sheet. My workflow has two Google Sheets Output Tools that upload information to two different worksheets within a same google sheet.

Pardeep_2-1681758980165.png

Pardeep_3-1681759062134.png

Pardeep_4-1681759083352.png

Pardeep_1-1681758967929.png

In options, Existing File Action is set to "Overwrite"

However, every time I run the workflow, it deletes Alteryx - Employees worksheet and leaves Alteryx - Loads worksheet in the Google Sheet.

I am not sure why this is happening. 

11 REPLIES 11
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Shouldn't it be "Overwrite Sheets" not "Overwrite" which will overwrite the entire file (aka delete the extra sheets)?

Pardeep
7 - Meteor

@alexnajm Sorry but I don't see Overwrite Sheets option available.

Pardeep_0-1681761559390.png

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Which version do you have? The latest documentation has that as an option: Google Drive Output Tool | Alteryx Help

alexnajm_0-1681761854660.png

Pardeep
7 - Meteor

@alexnajm Ohh.. i am not sure which version I am using. Do I need to update my Alteryx Designer or is there a way to update the tool itself?

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You should just be able to go to the link on the article and download the latest version of the tool!

Pardeep
7 - Meteor

@alexnajm I downloaded the updated version and installed it. When I try to use it, it keeps deleting the name of sheet from the following section. :(

Pardeep_0-1681769229122.png

Do you know what might be the reason here 😰

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I am unsure - once it's configured one time, it should work hopefully going forward! Maybe you have autoconfigure disabled in the User Settings?

Pardeep
7 - Meteor

@alexnajm Just checked auto configure is enabled.. but still the tool keep deleting the sheet name from the configure file section.

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I am unsure of your issue then - I tried it on my end and had no issue with connecting to a sheet and the configuration staying there. The only thing I can think of is make sure you have the file selected.

Labels