Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Getting the Email tool to work without an error

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I have downloaded the Email tool example from:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Email/ta-p/32129

I have changed all the email addresses to be my own, so that I am not sending to anyone else.  I have changed the SMTP address to be that for our company email.  When I run the workflow with all containers open I get the following:

• Send automated emails to each report owner works and I get emails in my inbox,
  • Notification email to reporting process owner results in an error: Error: Email (15): Record#1: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL,
  • Send emails to distribution list results in "No Messages sent because the workflow has errors". 

When I close off and run each of the above independently, the last two generate the same error message: Record#1: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong and have not seen a solution to this error message in the community.  Clearly the SMTP path is correct as the first container runs.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
NeilFisk
9 - Comet

Email Tool Capture.PNG

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I had found a comment by @paumesen in another string that suggested to drag on a new Email tool, which I have done and it cleared the issue.  I supposed you cannot copy and past the email tool within the canvas.  Thanks @paumesen !

EMAIL tool issues Error : Record 1: URL uing bad/i... - Alteryx Community

Labels