Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Geo point plotting

kunalmodasia
6 - Meteoroid

Hello users,

I have questions regarding symbol. I was able to create points (light orange diamonds in Red rectangle) on Alteryx map. Is there a way I can choose any other shape/ symbol to represent my geo pints?

Since I wanted to plots coverage sites location anything like tower or something? Or I can import from other place?

Thanks

Krunal

Alteryx.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Custom Point is right underneath the Point dropdown in the report map tool. If you have your object layer you can click on your object layer and change it as needed. Note - there is a built in type for "building" that might fit your need.

kunalmodasia
6 - Meteoroid

I am not able to get it. Where exactly you are suggesting to look? Thanks for the quick response.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

2021-06-29 (2).png

Is that on report map? Report map is how you put your points on for render/output... It allows you to bring in your spatial data and create layers of spatial objects. The point object allows you to change how your points are displayed. See the attached workflow with the lovely Newtown Creek on it --- and note how the report map tool is configured to show the point as a building.

kunalmodasia
6 - Meteoroid

Perfect . Got you where to go and get it. I need to import my custom symbol since it's not available in built in option.

Krunal

Labels