Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Generate report based on workflow name or select from given list.

Sunil_Nishad
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I need your help to generate the report based on condition like given below.

IF workflow_name = "List of report from table" then "create a report at shared location"
Else message no report name available in the list

ENDIF

Basically, I have 20 reports and I have created 20 workflows for each report. So, I wanted to create a common macro file which supposed to be automatically select the name s given in the list in Text Input Tool for report and create folders. I am able to generate the folders using render tool and saving the reports in each workflow, but I need something which can place somewhere, and I can call it from any workflow to run and generate the report.

If I get some logic or sample of creating such thing, then I can try to implement in my workflow.

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sunil_Nishad ,

can you please provide an example of your data and what you are trying to achieve?

M.

Bulien

Sunil_Nishad
5 - Atom

Auto Reports.PNG

I want to create a macro where If I run workflow name ABC then AAM_Report should generate or If I run XYZ workflow then NNN_Report should generate.

So It will be single macro which will generate reports for all the workflow and at a time only one workflow will run not multiple.
Any suggestion would be very helpful.

Labels