Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Generate Rows by sum of DateTime

filipembribeiro
6 - Meteoroid

Hi my friends!

I am building a model to discover at a certain moment of time how many airplanes I have in the ground in an Airport.

For this, I have the sample dataset, which tells us what flight it is [Flight ID], when it arrived and departed [DateTime_Arrival] and [DateTime_Departure], and the respectives times [Time_Arrival] and [Time_Departure].

filipembribeiro_0-1678826491842.png

Now, to know how many airplanes I have simultaneously on the airport, I need to create a vector for each time range (an hour) that the airplane is on the airport (the time between Time_Arrival and Time_Departure). This will generate several rows for each travel:

Important: every plane which is on the airport between 00:00:00 and 00:59:59 is on the 00:00 range, between 01:00:00 and 01:59:59 on the 01:00 range...

filipembribeiro_1-1678826900723.png

How can I make this vector work? I need to create it.

After this, I will count through a summarize tool how many airplanes I have in each Time Range.

Thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@filipembribeiro here's one way:

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1678827981830.png

workflow is attached

filipembribeiro
6 - Meteoroid

It worked! Thank you

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels