Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy Match Tool Question

itschriswei
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to edit the Match Style for a particular field, but all the changes I make to the options (Match Function, Match Weight, etc.) aren't saved when I reopen the Edit interface. When I go to the XML View, it also shows none of the changes have been applied. Is there something I'm doing wrong? 

3 REPLIES 3
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

When you set up some of the configurations, are you using the default ones (i.e. Company Name, Address, etc.) or are they saving as Custom?

itschriswei
7 - Meteor

I used one of the default "Match Styles" (ex. Name) and then modified one of the options. Once I hit "OK", it asks if I want to save it, and I click "Yes". The Match Style still appears as "Name", but when I click "Edit", the Match Style shows "Custom" in the interface but doesn't keep the previous changes.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In this case, you should be able to go back to "Name" and it'll go to those saved configurations!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels