Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formulassss

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

How would I create a formulas for the below---I think I have it but want to make sure

formula for 1 [LAST_PAY_DATE] within 12 months and [curr_bal subtract CR-LM] >=130 overlimit

CR_BL >=0.9* CE_LM, CR_BL >=30, and [LAST_VL] is blank AND at least 2 [CONSTPAT] in 61 days or [CONNTE] = 2.

thanks

15 REPLIES 15
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023  can you re-arrange your formula like the condition and result, the above formula is confusing

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

Sorry-is this better?

[LAST_PAY_DATE] =1 and  within 12 months (Dynamic Date Filter)?

and  [curr_bal] (subtract) [CR-LM] >=130

Second Formula:

[CR_BL] >=0.9* [CE_LM]

and [CR_BL] >=30

and [LAST_VL] is blank

and [CONSTPAT]  =2 or more

(date range within) 61 days OR [CONNTE] = 2

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 Based on the above condition the filter can be written as 

DateTimeDiff(DateTimeToday(),[LAST_PAY_DATE],'month')<= 12
AND  [curr_bal] - [CR-LM] >=130

[CR_BL] >= 0.9 * [CE_LM]
AND [CR_BL] >=30
AND isEmpty([LAST_VL])
AND [CONSTPAT] >= 2 
AND (DateTimeDiff(DateTimeToday(),[LAST_PAY_DATE],'day')<= 61
OR 
[CONNTE] = 2) 

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

TY!

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

For the date fields - it has nulls still in those columns even with a data cleanse tool. Do you know why? or how to remove?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 Do you have any condition to add in the formula for NULL Dates? I mean if the Date field is NULL what should be done? 

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

No, I do not. It should be blank but its only a few that null in those columns so I used a data cleanse but it didnt work.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 Data Cleansing tool remove NULL values if the entire row or column is NULL else it will not remove. If you do not want those NULL values then add a filter tool before the Formula tool and filter out the Date field with Null values ( in the condition select the date field and "not null"  option from the drop down

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

But doesnt this remove this field altogther? I still need it to be ther e bc I need it for other formulas I have

Labels