Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula off a Dynamic List

bebrown
5 - Atom

Hey Everyone -

I'm trying to create a analysis workflow where I compare vendors (A thru D in my examples) prices over the same locations (states AK - AR). Where I'm stuck is creating a single formula that will calculate the % variance from the lowest price for each vendor without having to create a unique formula for each vendor. My list of vendors is constantly changing and not a short list so I'm trying to avoid having to re-create this for each data set. Is there anyway to make a formula/macro that would dynamically add a column for each vendors % variance to the lowest price? Or In my example would I be stuck making these 4 formulas (A % vs Lowest Value, B % vs Lowest Value, etc). 

Here is an example below with my vendors (A - D) and what I'm trying to accomplish in bold. 

Competitors     
StateABCDLowest ValueA % vs Lowest ValueB % vs Lowest ValueC % vs Lowest ValueD % vs Lowest Value
AL1001251101051000%25%10%5%
AK75708090707%0%14%29%
AR4530201515200%100%33%0%
AZ908070606050%33%17%0%

4 REPLIES 4
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @bebrown ,

Are you thinking of something like this.

Just an idea.

Hope you find it helpful.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I believe you're looking for something like this?

echuong1_0-1598283900727.png

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @bebrown,

If you wanted to keep it truly dynamic you would want to go down the route of pivoting, then calculating percentages before finally re-pivoting back to it's original form:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1598283846585.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my worklfow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

bebrown
5 - Atom

Thanks Jonathan! 

Labels