Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula in DB tool

Mansenie
7 - Meteor

i need to load data into a table and use that information to create new columns. For example, I am adding to a table the name of products a customer orders, the date of the order, the invoice and timestamp. I need to create a report where i have several calculated columns such as : last 4 week average for a product, last 7 days last year avg etc.... I wanted to use the in db formula tool to write something similar to this sql query :  

SELECT product_type,Count(product)FROM table
WHERE order_dt <= Current_Date -1 AND order_dt>= current_date-28
GROUP BY product_type

can anyone help me do this? 

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Mansenie ,

That's a job for an input tool.  Or you can use an input tool and follow it with a filter and then a summarize tool.  You can either embed the SQL or use those In-DB tool that I mentioned to create the calculation.  When you use the In-DB tools, you won't actually be selecting all of the data, but rather the workflow will construct the SQL behind the scenes to get to your result.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Mansenie
7 - Meteor

i understand that but the problem is that i am creating a user db table to enter the details that i want and from that i want to make those calculations. i dont want to bring the data ou (data stream out) because it is a lot of data. 

Mansenie_0-1572525848385.png

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @Mansenie ,

SELECT product_type,Count(product)FROM table
WHERE order_dt <= Current_Date -1 AND order_dt>= current_date-28
GROUP BY product_type

If you are trying  to  group/summarize    you need  indb summarize tool .  

For  'where  clause ' you use  indb filter  before  summarize tool . 

Mansenie
7 - Meteor

I did as you said and it works. Now i join all my rows and i am getting a lot of nulls because there are so many rows. any idea how to make all my answers fit in one row under the headers?

Mansenie_0-1572552644886.png

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @Mansenie ,

Summarize  tool   with  group by  first column( car_type)    and  max of all other columns  will  put  data in one row. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels