Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formatted table same as Pivot

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Hello Alteryx Community,

Requesting assistance on how to replicate in Alteryx the formatting from the excel pivot created.  I have here in the attached the dummy input and output for your reference. Please note that in reality my dataset has 30,000 line items and my pivot has 100 rows.  Can these be possible in Alteryx table tool? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Hi, Please refer to the updated and correct output. Thank you

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es Can you upload the output based on your provided input file?

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

@binuacs Please refer to the output tab attached

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Hi @binuacs 

I already completed a workflow but without table formatting using the previously attached file as the input.  As you can see in the Percentage column, the data type is in fixed decimal 19.14.  How can i make it to be in the same pivot format without being truncated assuming there will be hundreds of rows in the output table? Thank you

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

Additional question, The excel file will contain 5-7 pivots in every tab.  Will it be possible in Alteryx to have all of them a presentable format with colors in the header field and in the total row same as in pivot?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es you an use the below formula in the percentage formula

toNumber(toString([Count of Emp ID]/[Total count]*100,2,1))

image.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@PassION_es for the pivot tables you can use the analytical app setup

image.png

PassION_es
10 - Fireball

thanks so much @binuacs 

Labels