Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fixing Issues from Analytic App

ablack4
7 - Meteor

Hi all.

My team uses an Analytic app to run one of our workflows because there are so many inputs and the "Save" button to create the .yxwv backup helps out so much. However, we ran into an issue with a formula tool (see pic below) and I was wondering if there was a way to fix this without having to open the real workflow? Or some way if I could open the workflow with one of the saved backups? The workflow has outdated inputs and it would be insanely cumbersome to update each one just to troubleshoot. Thanks!

ablack4_1-1626268119045.png

1 REPLY 1
bensilv
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ablack4 

It looks like the formula tool is referencing a field called "F16". If this field does not exist in the data then the formula tool will error.

To investigate/fix this issue, you will need to open the workflow and see what is happening - you can do this for one of the backups or the "real" workflow. 

If this formula should ONLY execute when F16 exists, you can build some logic in to your workflow to enable/disable this formula (or indeed multiple elements of the workflow) or make it more dynamic by updating the formula with the interface tools. 

When you say "outdated inputs" what are you referring to? 

Labels