Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fixed column in Render tool

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement in which I want the Input to be split into 4 columns only. I am attaching the fie which has input as well as expected output and the tool used should be Render tool as an output.

10 REPLIES 10
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@ferha_jafri,

Please see below :

messi007_0-1632763240603.png

Attached the workflow,

Hope this helps,

Regards

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your reply, but here the problem is that the number of columns are not fixed so suppose in the the next run if 2 more columns come it will consider it, I want a solution which is dynamic and irrespective of input no. of columns.

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Is it not possible in alteryx to get column break while printing it to the render tool one after the other. In case not possible plz let me know so that I can inform users that it is not possible to fix the no. Of column in the output. 

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ferha_jafri ,

I took a similar approach to @messi007 but used the "Multi-Row Formula" tool to group each set of 4 columns and then added a quick batch macro that to use before the render tool. Hopefully this gets you closer to your result.  

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

I am not able to open your file could you please send the separately, I am getting new version error.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@ferha_jafri,

which version are you using ?

Please take a look here how to downgrade a workflow : 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Differe... 

Regards,

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

I have tried but attaching the file which I opened in notepad so not even able to change the version due to the language it is opening in.PFA.

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Any one else could download it and send it separately all the files.

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I downgraded my workflow to 2020.2. First, try the packaged version but it that doesn't work, you might have to add the macro to the workflow yourself. The workflow should look like this:

phottovy_0-1632840133939.png

Macro configuration:

phottovy_1-1632840157415.png

Labels