Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filtering out the same rows and different rows in Alteryx

smodu398
5 - Atom

Hey, so I have two excel sheets and I want to find rows that are exactly the same from column A-E and rows that are different in any column. How would I go about doing this. 

4 REPLIES 4
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Have you tried using the Join Tool? The J anchor will show all matches. The R and L anchors will show mis matches. 

smodu398
5 - Atom

Yea I have, would using the join tool and joining by every column header do the job? I was not sure if the join method would check if one of those is equal or if every field I add has to be true to join. 

griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

@smodu398 The join tool outputs to the J anchor only when all fields are matches.

smodu398
5 - Atom

I tried the join tool and chose every column header and it seems to be giving more than what I am looking for. Any other ways I could go about this.

Labels