Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering out minimum value from constantly changing numbers

wonsin83
5 - Atom

Hi guys,

I have a data set with related month at the end of the columns. The original input will include 3 months of data, and once Alteryx spit out the data, I would like to use the last 2 months from the output as an input for next month's report. For example, if my input data included July, August, September, I want the output to return only last 2 months excluding the earliest month, i.e. August and September in this case. Because every month we will be adding new month data to the output, the 3 month period will change on monthly basis, so i can't specify the month to exclude. Instead, I am hoping there is a way for Alteryx to automatically identify lowest value in the Month column and filter it out from the output. Is there a way to do this? I tried to use MIN function within filter tool in combination with !=, but didn't work.. 

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @wonsin83 ,

I'm doing almost what you have done, but using a join tool after summarizing to filter everything that it is not the min month.

fmvizcaino_0-1575941934172.png

Take a look at the attached example and let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

tom_montpool
12 - Quasar

You might want to look at my response to Select-last-2-columns 

Labels