Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering based on entire column total

coglioan
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I have a process flow that uses a formula to calculate if a row as an error. The column [Error Count] is added showing 1 if an error is found or 0 if no error. I am in need of having criteria based on the total error count of the file, not the individual row.

I read on how to add a total to the error count column, but the same issue arises in that it seems I can only add a filter based on that total row.

Does anyone know if it's possible to base criteria/filter on the sum of the [Error Count] column so that the entire input file could move to the next step based on if there was at least 1 error (and another step if no errors)?

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @coglioan,

To achieve that I would add a summery like this and sum up the column then append that information to each row on the table table then filter on that total column.

IraWatt_0-1651851974060.png

Would have added workflow but I don't have the data. If you have any questions on this setup make sure to ask :)

HTH,

Ira

coglioan
6 - Meteoroid

@IraWatt this worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the solution!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @coglioan ! glad it worked for you :)

Labels