Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filtering a table to remove rows contained in an exception list

jpg34
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I am trying to figure out how to filter a workflow to remove rows which contain specific values (held in an exception list) in one of the columns.

My idea is to hold the exception list in a Text Input tool and somehow connect this to the Filter tool to remove relevant rows.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Jon

6 REPLIES 6
TimN
13 - Pulsar

Maybe like this...

DataNath
17 - Castor

@jpg34 will you always be looking up exact matches, or is it a case of excluding rows that contain key words? If it's the former then you can just conduct a join on the field of interest = your lookup field and then look at the Left output anchor to see those that didn't match like so:

123-1.png123-2.png123-3.png

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

Sounds like you are looking to use Left/Right Join

Filter.png

@TimN's solution is great if the data is buried in the column (with spaces as the separator), but a simple join will allow you to filter off the values as you were mentioning. I modified the previous solution to include that filtering (with Join tool)

jpg34
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @TimN . My specific use case is removing rows with exact matches rather than sub-strings but I will no doubt use your logic in the future. 

jpg34
8 - Asteroid

Hi Castor

Simple when you know how. Yes this is exactly what I need. Thanks for your time.

jpg34
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AndrewDMerrill 

Thanks for your time and adding to @TimN 's solution. Not quite what I need for this use case but will be very handy in the future I am sure.

Labels